Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Torment

"So, I heard Coach has you on a special 'diet' to 'help' you land your double lutz" Ashley told me when I came into the locker room for practice this morning
"Yeah, so? I agree with her. I did put on a bit of weight last year when I was out with a concussion. what's wrong with a bit of healthy eating and excercize?"
"Nothing, except I do a 'bit' of healthy eating and excercize. You're going to need an extreme amount if you want to lose anything besides your spot on the team"
"Yeah, because I'm going to lose my spot because I'm a little overweight"
"You're more than a little, Mia, you're downright fat"
"Compared to you, I am, little miss toothpick. but in the normal world, I'm just fine"
"but we aren't in the normal world, we're in the skating world, and there, you're fat"
"So I'll lose the weight, no big deal"
"Let's see how that goes for you"
"Ashley, You're kinda new arround here, it's not really your place to challenge us, but, since you are, I accept. how much you wanna bet that I'll lose more than ten pounds by Thanksgiving?"
"That's somthing I'd like to see, however, I don't want to seperate you from you money, so, how about you lose the weight, you get the satisfaction of rubbing it in my face for the rest of the year, and if you don't, you clean the locker room. deal?"
"Deal." we shook on it. I'm highly competitive, so this'll be a breese. I'm gonna work harder than ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment